J.J. is a San Francisco Bay Area journalist who …
- covers transportation, schools, tech, litigation and more.
- writes fun profiles and arts & culture features.
- hits the street to do good ol’ shoe leather reporting.
- loves public records and data.
- is UC Berkeley-educated in multimedia journalism, media theory and neighborhood-level public policy.
- was a 2011-12 Mark Felt Scholar in Investigative Reporting at UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism.
- does her own photography and graphics.
- has experience with Office, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, HTML, CSS and many content management systems.
Tools of the trade:
Olympus PEN with 14-200mm lenses
iA Writer Pro & NoteBook
Lightroom & Final Cut Pro
Excel & Espresso.